Sustainable Steps for Little Learners: Teaching Sustainability through Outdoor Nature Play
A 3-Part Professional Development Series!
Dates & Times: Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm on July 21, August 25, and September 22
Location: IN-PERSON - Location varies by date
Notes: Cost is $15 for one session, $25 for 2 sessions, or $30 for all 3 sessions
Teaching young children about sustainability is a great way for toddlers and preschoolers to learn empathy and responsibility while relating to the natural world around them! Join Keep Omaha Beautiful and the Nebraska Extension for a series of workshops focused on simple, practical activities you can incorporate into your daily routines to engage young children in sustainable practices. You can join one, two, or all three workshops in this series. Each session will focus on activities from a different, nationally recognized environmental science program.
At each workshop, participants will receive:
• 1.5 in-service hours
• A curriculum guide full of additional lessons and activities (a different guide each session)
• Experience participating in hands-on activities to engage kids in nature play
WED August 25, 6:30 to 8:00pm
- Location: Heron Haven (11809 Old Maple Rd, Omaha, NE 68164)
- Project WET activities (Getting Little Feet WET Book)
- Benefits of nature play and tips/tricks to make it easier with your littles