California Water Institute for Teachers - Solano County
A Field Experience for K - 12 Educators!
SOLANO REGION EDUCATORS
Join us in August 2023 for the 3rd Solano Water Institute for Teachers. This three-day, field-trip-based workshop highlights the preservation of Solano County open spaces and the region’s complex water resources, while providing first-hand experiential learning that teachers can share with their students for continued exploration.
This place-based learning experiences will provide teachers with the tools to support students in learning about local watersheds and their function, and to support development of environmental literacy about the places where students live and recreate.
Professional development curriculum for the Solano Institute includes Project WET, providing innovative, locally relevant water education training for K-12 teachers and emphasizes the use of Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and California’s Environmental Education Principles and Concepts.
For a $50 refundable deposit, participants willexperience:
- Tour of select Solano County open spaces;
- Receive an experiential understanding of the complexity of Solano County’s open spaces and water resources;
- Receive a copy of the Project WET curriculum guide and engage in innovative, locally relevant water education activities framed around NGSS;
- Earn up to 21 hours of continuing education credit;
- Go on a boat tour of Lake Berryessa with a local water experts;
- Feast on local artisan fare for snacks and lunches;
- Receive a $300 stipend upon completion of a curriculum project.