California Water Institute for Teachers - Los Angeles
A Field Experience for K - 12 Educators!
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDUCATORS
The Water Replenishment District and our partners invite K-12 educators to join us this summer for a professional development experience learning about the water infrastructure above and below ground that sustains our communities and the array of educational programs to help you engage your students!
Participants will also receive innovative, locally relevant water education training including in Project WET that will tie what you learn in the institute to concepts and skills straight out of Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards that you can apply in your class.
Highlights of the institute will also include:
- A tour of the Albert Robles Center for Water Recycling and Environmental Learning;
- Field tours of the West Basin water treatment plant & Los Angeles County Sanitation District treatment plant;
- An introduction to multiple water education opportunities available to K-12 schools in southern California;
- Planning time with peers for the new school year;
- A $300 stipend for full participation, including completion of a curriculum integration project;
- Breakfast and lunch are included
The in-person institute will be held July 20 – 22, 2023 with a follow-up virtual session on Saturday, October 14, 2023 to share your curriculum integration project.