Welcome to the WILD world of Harriman State Park!
In this hands-on workshop, we’ll explore Idaho’s wild places using the Project WILD and Project WET curriculums. This course includes an overnight stay in the Harriman Scovel Center, plus a trip to the Grizzly Wolf Discovery Center.
Course Registration: https://museumofidaho.org/product/the-wild-world-of-harriman-park-july-24-25/
Credit Registration: Registration link will be available no later than the first day of the course should you choose to take this course for continuing education credit. Credit cost is included with the class fee thanks to generous grant funding from Cross Charitable Trust.
- Educators will learn about basic ecological processes and scientific data collection.
- Educators will explore east Idaho's specific wilderness and water resources to learn more about what makes Idaho unique.
- Educators will explore how place-based learning can provide their students with relevant and meaningful learning experiences.
- Educators will learn appropriate field techniques in the context of ecology.
- Educators will create a plan to implement what they learned in their own teaching contexts.