WETconnect: SCHOOLS AND EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
STREAM Education with Water
Water is a part of everything we are, everything we eat, and everything we use. Yet most people do not even know where their water comes from, let alone their larger water footprint. By using real-world, relevant, and hands-on lessons, we can create an interdisciplinary learning environment that focuses on the most essential aspect of life—water. Local water issues can only be solved through an understanding of local watersheds and water systems. We can change our collective water future by educating our students about global and local water issues to build a culture of water stewardship.
By choosing to offer a WETconnect package to your entire school or institution, you empower your teachers to access our full library and select the units that work best for their students.
Project WET is committed to ensuring that every student experiences water education regardless of their access to technology and high-speed internet. That’s why each of our digital lessons is also available as a printable PDF instruction page to allow students to complete the same activity without a computer.
Take action to help educate the next generation of water stewards by getting certified as a WaterStar insitution today!
- Professional development for educators in the award-winning Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide 2.0
- Full access to WETconnect for educators and students
- A library of educator activities correlated to NGSS and Common Core State Standards (and many state standards!)
- E-books that feature games, quizzes, videos, and more to keep students engaged
- Support webinars for educators in the WaterStar program
- Built-in assessments for every student
- Connection to your local Project WET official partner for local support
The WaterStar program includes professional development for educators, hands-on activities for students and supporting resources for both students and teachers.
In addition to the resources for educators and students, WaterStar Schools receive:
- Certification as a Project WET WaterStar School.
- WaterStar banner for each year as a WaterStar School.
- Acknowledgment on the Project WET website.
wetconnect [at] projectwet.org (Contact Us to Get Certified)
School and Institutional Access
Learn without limits by giving your entire school full access to all resources. Choose the number of educators and students who need access, then let them explore the units that best fit their needs.
Student accounts are connected to designated educators to enable communication and assessment.
wetconnect [at] projectwet.org (Contact Us to Get Started!)
Sponsor a WaterStar School
Are you interested in helping schools or educational groups (think: aquariums, 4-H and nature centers) your in area become WaterStars? Project WET offers sponsorship options from basic WaterStar certification to customized packages.
wetconnect [at] projectwet.org (Contact Us Today)
"WETconnect lessons give students such a great opportunity for hands-on learning! The focus is water education, yet I love that they are interdisciplinary and allow students to work at their own pace asynchronously."
–Kelly Kazmirchuk, Education Program Coordinator,
Resource Conservation District of the Santa Monica Mountains