The Project WET USA Water Education Conference—planned for August 7-9 at the Spring Hill Suites Downtown Denver—is less than two months away, and several deadlines are approaching quickly. Conference registration slots are filling fast. Discounted hotel accommodations expire July 12th, and field tour space is also limited. Click here to register or learn more.
What's new at the conference?
- Re-certification credits are now available for teachers.
- Exhibitors have been booked to represent a broad range of organizations with an interest in water in Colorado and the West.
- Noted Colorado artist Rik Sargent will have some of his sculptures on exhibit.
The Call for Presentations has been extended, and the conference team is still seeking proposals from educators, policymakers, businesses, municipalities, program designers, implementers, practitioners and all others interested in water education for presentations addressing one of the five conference strands:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) and STEAM (STEM & The Arts) in Water Education
- Water Education in the Classroom
- Water Education Beyond the Classroom
- ActionEducation™: Applying Water Education Skills
- Other Water Topics
Presentations can be submitted online, and poster display presentations are also welcome.
Now is the time to plan for Denver! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments, or visit the conference website to learn more. We look forward to seeing you in the Mile High City!
To comment on this or any other Project WET blog entry or on the website in general, please contact us on social media or via email. We can be reached on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and LinkedIn.