Bringing water education leaders from around the world and across sectors to incomparable Big Sky, Montana, Sustaining the Blue Planet 2014 is expected to attract hundreds of people from dozens of countries.
Hosted by the Project WET Foundation and building on the success of the first Blue Planet conference, the 2014 event will offer stimulating discussions, lively seminars, thought-provoking exhibits, activities in Montana's breathtaking outdoors and more.
With the conference scheduled for June 24-27, 2014, Project WET has opened the Call for Presentations. Presenters can choose oral presentations, topic table discussions or poster presentations in one of the following five conference strands:
- Incorporating Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) into Water Education: How can educators best use science, technology, engineering and math in water education?
- Innovative Approaches for Targeted Audiences: How can water education be tailored to reach specific audiences such as young children and their caregivers, secondary school educators and pupils, individuals from diverse cultures and races, people who live in urban settings, religious groups, adults and children with special needs and corporate volunteers?
- Creating Behavior Change through Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Education: What drives sustainable outcomes in WASH projects and how can methods best be evaluated?
- Emerging Topics in Water Education: What's next in the water sector and how can water education address timely and often controversial topics such as climate change, water quality and industry and trans-boundary waters?
- Building Water Education Capacity Through Project WET: How can organizations and individuals engage with Project WET to develop water education through training, networking and outreach?
Located at one of North America's leading year-round mountain destinations, Big Sky Resort is perfect for families seeking the vacation of a lifetime. An hour from Yellowstone National Park, Big Sky also provides easy access to recreation indoors and out--from whitewater rafting and blue ribbon trout fishing to spa treatments. Visit the Big Sky website to learn more.
To register, click here. To visit the conference website, click here. See you in Big Sky Country in June 2014!
To comment on this or any other Project WET blog entry or on the website in general, please contact us on social media or via email. We can be reached on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and LinkedIn.